Pathologists and clinical lab managers with an entrepreneurial yen will be interested to know that Anthem, Inc., which serves 43 million beneficiaries, has launched a digital incubator. The new initiative was announced last month. Fierce Healthcare reported that the Anthem Digital Incubator (ADI) will “pair financial backing with mentorship and opportunities for partnerships with universities and others.”
MORE ON: Anthem DI
News reports say that ADI is accepting applications for community health challenges and specifically mentions medication adherence. Given the significant role clinical labs play in supporting medication adherence, particularly for prescription drugs that can be abused, the Anthem Digital Incubator might be a useful path forward for lab professionals with business concepts to serve that need.
• Viresh Patel, PhD, is now Senior Director of Global Marketing, Genomics, for Agilent Technologies of Santa Clara, Calif. Patel formerly served at Bio-Rad Laboratories, MJ Research, and Ingenuity Systems.
• Gravity Diagnostics of Covington, Ky., appointed Michael Tarwater as Vice President of Information Technology. Tarwater previously held positions at Progenity, Atherotech, John Muir Health Laboratories, and DSI Laboratories.
• Mammogen, Inc., of Aliso Viejo, Calif., announced that Elizabeth Cormier-May is its new CEO. Prior executive positions include Persona Health, Exosome Diagnostics, Definiens, HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Biodesix, Predictive Biosciences, Myriad Genetics, and Novartis.
• Roche Diagnostics appointed Cindy Perettie to head its Molecular Lab Solutions business that is located in Pleasanton, Calif. Perettie was CEO of Foundation Medicine, another division of Roche Holdings. She previously held positions at Genentech, Ivax Pharmaceuticals, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, and Élan Corporation.
• John Spinosa, MD, PhD, is the new Chief Medical Officer at Murrieta Genomics. Spinosa previously served at Agilent Technologies, San Diego Blood Bank. Lexent Bio, Scripps Memorial Hospital, Trovagene, and Verinata Health.
• Pathologist Francisco Velázquez, MD, was appointed as Interim Health Director of the Spokane Regional Health District in Spokane, Wash. Previous positions were at PAML, Quest Diagnostics, Nichols Institute, Focus Diagnostics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Boston Medical Center, Boston University Medical Center, Wayne State School of Medicine, Detroit Medical Center, SUNY at Buffalo, and Kaleida Health.